A video monitoring system plays a critical role for the peace of mind of business owners, no matter the size of the business.
A video monitoring system plays a critical role for the peace of mind of business owners, no matter the size of the business. It not only protects the many assets of a business, but also the people who work there. Monitoring systems play a vital role in deterring threats, protecting property and identifying intruders.
Since it does play such a critical role, you may not want to take on the installation yourself. You need a professional to make sure you get the most out of your system, and here’s why:
- No Upfront Expenditures. Doing it yourself means that you have to buy all the necessary equipment, which can require a significant investment up front. Instead, when you work through a professional provider, you may be able to lease the cameras for a much lower price. And if they get damaged or stop working you can get them repaired or replaced at no extra cost.
- Saves You Time. Hiring a professional installer does not take any time away from your business. They will properly install the security system while your business continues to run as usual.
- Ensures a Professional Look. Professionals wire the cameras efficiently, making sure there are no wires showing, or worse, noticeable holes in the wall from trying to hide those wires.
- Recommendations from Experts. Professionals can make recommendations on the best placement of security cameras in order to capture the necessary video in the most crucial places, like the supply rooms, parking lot or front door.
- Less Likely to be Hacked. Doing it yourself may make you more susceptible to cybersecurity issues since the cameras’ feed is recorded and stored on a DVR system.But when you use a professional, they can hardwire your cameras using Power over Ethernet (POE), enabling fast, safe storage of your video footage on the cloud…making it much more difficult for hackers to access.
- Smarter Use of Your Network. A professional will know your network inside and out and will be able to determine how much bandwidth is necessary to provision for your cameras at every moment of the day. When business operations are in full swing for instance, they can make sure the cameras take up less bandwidth to keep the business operating at peak efficiency.
- Less of a Learning Curve. There isn’t a steep learning curve to tackle when a professional installs your monitoring system. Your provider will explain how each component works, how to turn things on and off as needed…and they will be available to support you.
- Faster Resolutions to Problems. If there is a problem with your video monitoring system and you installed it yourself, it is more difficult to troubleshoot. However, if it is professionally installed and a problem occurs, your provider will be able to quickly identify the problem and resolve it.
To be able to fully enjoy the peace of mind a video monitoring system provides, make sure to hire a professional. You can focus on running your business while the professionals focus on keeping your business secure.